Real estate agency IMMO Yasmine
Taxes and Duties
Property taxes and the property tax in Tunisia:
French residents pay their taxes in Tunisia Tunisia cheaper than in France.
No TV tax.
Property tax and residence tax are calculated based on m² built in urban area as follows:
Taxes and Duties of Housing in Tunisia
m² of covered
from 100 to 150D/year
between 100m² and 200m²
from 151 to 200D/year
between 200m² and 400m²
from 201 to 250D/year
from 251 to 300D/year
Tax advantages for the benefit of foreigners they settled in Tunisia
A recently signed by the President of the Republic Decree comes to new
tax incentives in favor of non-resident aliens to the change of
residence to settle in Tunisia.
According to the articles of this decree, individuals of foreign
nationality, can now benefit to the change of residence to settle in
Tunisia, once non-renewable exemption from duties and taxes due to the
1. a private car, household, whose age does not exceed three years from the date of its entry into Tunisia.
Imported in this context car is registered in the registration series
ordinary Tunisian "RS" and the registration certificate must include the
words "car can not be driven by its owner - car transferable.
2. personal effects and household items for the equipment
residences acquired by them, within the limits of an aggregate value of
fifteen thousand dinars per household.
Excluded from the above franchise goods and objects that are of a commercial nature and monopoly products.
The tax benefits mentioned in this decree shall be granted subject to
justification by documentary evidence, to the following conditions:
- Obtaining a visa and a temporary residence permit valid for a period of one year,
- The non-performance of a job for consideration in Tunisia
- Proof of an annual income from outside sources at least thirty thousand (30,000) dinars,
- The acquisition, in accordance with the legislation in force and
convertible currency, a residence located in Tunisia, and for the
benefit of the benefits referred to in paragraph 2 of Article I of this
- Effects and objects must be imported within a period not exceeding two years from the date of acquisition of the residence
located in Tunisia
- Subscribe to a commitment not to sell or without charge effects,
furnishings and car qualifying for the exemption, and in accordance with
the model established by the customs.